How to Give Dashboard Access to Users
This article will guide you through the steps to give dashboard access to users on BrainCert. For the sake of understanding, let us take giving access to instructors to view the super admin dashboard as an example.
Note: Dashboard access can only be given to the group of users who have been assigned to a particular Role. If you have not grouped your users, you first need to group them before you can assign roles to them. Click here to learn how to create user groups.
Under Roles, you can see the list of existing roles. Select 'Add Roles' to create a new one.
Once you select Add Roles you will be redirected to the role creation page.
- Enter the 'Name' and 'Description' of the role you wish to create, and navigate to 'Dashboard Access.' Select the dashboards to which you want to grant access for this newly created role.
- As an example, let's say we want to provide instructors with access to the Super Admin dashboard.
- To do this, select the 'Super Admin' option, and also choose 'Show' from the dropdown menu.
- Once you've completed these steps, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Save.'
Now, select 'Add Groups' corresponding to the role to which you want to add groups.
- Once you select 'Add Group,' you will get a popup with the list of available groups.
- Choose the group you want to be assigned to the selected role and click 'Save.' In this example, we have selected 'Student'.
Once you click save, users in the group will now have access to view the selected dashboard.
Hope you found this article helpful.